Aircraft crushes: TSB investigation launched

Two investigators from the Transportation Safety Board of Canada (TSB) were deployed on Sunday about two kilometers east of Highway 222 at Racine where the debris from Cargair’s Cessna 172, missing radar in the night from Wednesday to Thursday. The crash killed Hind Barch, a 22-year-old pilot.
“I can tell you it was not a good scene,” said TSB spokesperson Alexandre Fournier. There was no fire, but the wreckage is magical. “

ALSO READ: The pilot of the missing Cessna found dead with his machine

Both investigators completed their collection of aircraft debris data later that afternoon on Sunday.

“They were briefed by the Sûreté du Québec before going to see the scene where they took pictures. They looked around the scene to see how the plane fell, to check the condition of the engine and the indicators in the cockpit. The investigators will see if they are able to get their hands on some data. ”

A GPS and cell phone have been found in the debris which could give investigators relevant information about the flight path. The investigators will also be in touch with the people at Cargair School.

“Anyone who can help will be met to try to determine what happened. ”

The investigators will be sitting down in the coming days with the director of aeronautical investigations to determine the type of investigation that will be conducted. There are five categories of investigations ranging from simple data collection to writing a voluminous report that can take several years.

The wreckage of the plane is now under the responsibility of the insurance company.

The searches that had been active in the vicinity of Racine for several days finally led to Saturday’s location of Cargair’s Cessna 172 and the discovery of the inert body of its pilot, Hind Barch.

At approximately 1:15 pm on Saturday, a Canadian Armed Forces Griffon helicopter and Royal Canadian Air Force (RCAF) search and rescue technicians located the aircraft on a ground in a wooded area northeast of Racine, shares the captain Trevor Reid of the Canadian Armed Forces.

It was by deploying the field team that we saw the death of the 22-year-old pilot.

According to the Sûreté du Québec, the aircraft and its pilot were found approximately 2 km from Highway 222 at Larochelle Road. The area would be very swampy.

His body was evacuated by air. All indications are that she would have died at the time of the impact.

On Facebook, the sister of the victim thanked everyone involved in the research.

“I am Hind’s sister and, living in Morocco, the wait was for me, and for our family, long and unsustainable. Your mobilization […] allowed us to overcome this helplessness felt because of the distance. On behalf of all members of Hind’s family, in Canada and in Morocco, I would like to thank from the bottom of my heart all the people who participated in this research, for this wonderful demonstration of solidarity. ”

“A tight family”

Since the beginning of the research, volunteers from the region, the Hind Barch entourage and the aviation community have been mobilizing to find the one described as “a girl with a big heart”.

“We are an airline, of course we all know each other. We are a very close family. We are all connected to her, “Lisa Kampis, vice-president of Air Transat Local 4041, shared late Saturday morning. The late pilot worked as flight attendant for the airline.

Coming with colleagues to lend a hand, Ms. Kampis did not have the chance to work with Hind Barch, but insisted that his presence was still motivated by personal reasons. She also invited anyone who could do so to join.

“She was studying to become a commercial pilot. Many of our flight attendants do it, “she added.

Before the body was discovered, Ms. Kampis said that the young pilot’s mother was “inconsolable and devastated”.

Many were ready to help, but integrating volunteers into research was not easy, said Lieutenant Michel Giroux of the Sûreté du Québec. At the command post that had been set up at the Racine Community Center, motivated citizens flocked.

“We did not use volunteers. We understand the situation, and in the groups very close to [the victim], to come to participate in the research, it is part of what they have to live as a mourning. However, we have given very clear instructions that we should not venture into the woods. The forest is dense and the risks of getting lost are great. This is not the time to end up with another rescue, “said Lieutenant Giroux.

The mission that the SQ had rather given to civilians was to survey the population and walk from house to house to ask citizens if they had seen or heard anything in the night of the tragedy.

Nevertheless, the willingness to help seemed stronger than the prudence of the SQ. By the time the body and craft were found, Ms. Kampis and her research partners were about to explore two distinct areas where loud noises had been heard by citizens on the night of the events.

Lisa Kampis, vice-president of Air Transat Local 4041, the union of which Hind Barch was a member, wanted to participate in the research and invite as many people as possible to do so.
Lisa Kampis, vice-president of Air Transat Local 4041, the union of which Hind Barch was a member, wanted to participate in the research and invite as many people as possible to do so.
They preferred to serve something and speed up the process, even if the area was again sought after by the experts, she had shared.

An Orford citizen, Guy Hanigan, also joined the troops on Friday and Saturday.

“I drive very slowly with my truck on more distant roads. I’m looking for glittering pieces of metal, trees at the treetop, crowds of birds: anything that could indicate an airplane is there, “he said.

Previous Article
Next Article

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *